Everyone comes up with self-improvement / new year’s resolution that they tend to follow for a few weeks and then veer off. For me, it was a little different.
The last quarter of 2019 was rough. My 6-year relationship ended, I lost my job and I had to find a new place to live. All three events occurring within a span of a few days.
For 2020, I decided that I needed to make drastic changes.
- Waking up at 6 am every morning. As a night owl my whole life, this was something I wanted to test. I wanted to see if I was more productive waking up early to try to get more done.
- Morning meditation was something I wanted to try and is now part of my daily routine. This gives me peace of mind to begin my day. It also puts me in the right headspace to tackle all of my tasks.
- Finally joining a gym. Since moving out from a place with my ex, I no longer have a home gym. As of writing this on 3/17/20, all gyms in LA County have been forced to shut down for the time being.
- Being positive and pushing out negativity. This is something I have always struggled with. My attitude has always been blunt and truthful. I joke about matters that I shouldn’t and I can’t help myself. Now I tend to catch and stop myself from veering into negativity. I still make crude jokes though.
- I stopped being reliant on others. Before, I used to wait on people to set my plans. This year, I booked two separate vacations on my own, to be by myself.
- Moving away from the 9-5 and working for someone. After losing my job in 2019 and going through rounds of interviews at places I dread to think of working at. I decided that I wanted to work for myself. It’s something I’ve always wanted to do but never fully took the initiative. In 2020, I have launched or plan to launch the following:
Hopefully, I can keep up with these changes throughout the year and perhaps it might make me a better person.
As for my business goals, I know it’s very aggressive and maybe too ambitious, but I’m up for the challenge. I’ll post more details about my business progress and challenges down the line.
The new year has been off to a very rocky start. The coronavirus has halted daily life and operations globally. I had a plan to tackle 2020 a certain way but I’ve had to make alterations. I plan to stay on the correct path for self-improvement / new year’s resolution.
Read about why I started this blog.